Download older versions
- Current version: 2.1/2018-07-23
JPEG_Autorotate_2-1.exe (266 KB)
- Version 2.0/2013-05-21
JPEG_Autorotate_2-0.exe (257 KB)
- Version 1.2/2007-07-28
JPEG-EXIF_autorotate_1-2.exe (206 KB)
- Version 1.1/2006-05-06
JPEG-EXIF_autorotate_1-1.exe (202 KB)
- Version 1.03/2006-01-05
JPEG-EXIF_autorotate_1-03.exe (183 KB Windows installer )
See also commit history
- Updated both jhead and jpegtran to newest versions
- Added SystemFileAssociations\Image\shell\JPEG-EXIF_autorotate registry key to allow rotation of single images on newer windowses
- Merged the very first pull request by catchup4kodi to only show directory rotation on relevant directories
- Added directive to include inetc downloader library directly in NSIS script. This way, it doesn’t need to be installed in NSIS program directory to compile the installer.
- Rebranded as JPEG Autorotate.
- Moved project to github, please see commit history
- By “popular demand”, now allow users to select not to wait for user confirmation before closing window when completed rotating
- Added new right click menu registry associations to make sure right click menu items appear on all computers
Version 1.2/2007-07-28 (Using NSIS 2.29)
- Added an option to set the file dates to the date in EXIF date field, which is supposed to be the photo taking time/date.
- Updated to a jhead post-2.7 head revision copy, to avoid resetting the IPTC data of rotated files. Thanks to Matthias Wandel, the author of jhead, for compiling it for me on 2007-07-25.
- Updated the documentation (this file), added Developer Notes.
- Tested the installer with wine on Ubuntu Linux. It works. Not that it would be any use ;).
- Made app version number visible in the installer title bar.
- Updated jhead to version 2.6, which means that now JPEG-EXIF autorotate also rotates the thumbnails inside JPEG images
- Added a “regenerate thumbnails” feature, to fix the thumbnails of images rotated by previous versions of jhead or JPEG-EXIF autorotate. This feature uses mogrify.exe from Imagemagick. mogrify.exe is over 4 megabytes, so the installer now downloads it only if the user selects it for installation.
- Added the URL of the JPEG-EXIF autorotate website in the beginning and in the end of the rotating process.
- Updated the package with the new documentation
- Added a note in the beginning and in the end of the rotating process
Version 1.02/2004-05-21 (just documentation – not yet updated in the installation file)
- Added ‘acknowledgements’ section — noting that jpegtran changes timestamps — describing the true lossless rotation that JPEG-EXIF autorotate does — and noting that the orientation EXIF tag is set to ‘1’ (normal orientation) after rotation.
- Cleaned up the NSI file, fixed the name of the application to “JPEG-EXIF autorotate”, fixed some minor bugs, fixed errors in readme.txt
- First release, 1.0